In 2003, the inaugural Wakarusa Festival was met with open arms-and skepticism. But with each passing year and tens of thousands of people through the gate, Lawrence's most ambitious event establishes the kind of staying power that it promised in the first place. Headliners like Widespread Panic and Ben Harper were once but wee daydreams, but this year they'll be backed by a jam-heavy lineup that also sports top draws like Yonder Mountain String Band, Medeski, Martin & Wood and Michael Franti and Spearhead. Toss in more than 100 more rock, jam, bluegrass, funk, alt-country zydeco, jazz, blues and experimental bands and you'll begin to understand why showering and sleeping are way overrated.Schedule: ¢ Read our picks for this year's best bets¢ View the full schedule of events online or via our mobile edition to set txt msg or email reminders for individual shows.4-Day Tickets ($119) and VIP ($435) for Wakarusa 2007 are available via wakarusa.com. Or enter our contest for a shot at winning a pair of full festival passes!
- Wakarusa 2006 on The Turnkpike (part 2 of 2)
- WIN TICKETS to the festival!
- The more you know-Legal experts offer advice for Wakarusa attendees (April 24, 2007)
- Wakarusa 2005 on The Turnpike (part 2 of 2)
- Wakarusa 2005 on The Turnpike (part 1 of 2)
- Reflecting on Wakarusa 2006 (June 17, 2006)
- Live from Shakedown Street: Listen to the podcast by Rachael LeClear (April 24, 2007)
- Wakarusa 2007 Best Bets (June 5, 2007)
- Wakarusa 2006 on The Turnpike (part 1 of 2)