- Ongoing: until Thursday, April 30, 2009
- Sunday: 7:00am
- Monday: 7:00am
- Tuesday: 7:00am
- Wednesday: 7:00am
- Thursday: 7:00am
- Friday: 7:00am
- Saturday: 7:00am
- Where: Bourgeois Pig, Lawrence
- Cost: Free
- Age limit: All ages
Said that loony broad in the turban from “Sunset Boulevard,” Norma Desmond, “I am big, it’s the pictures that got small.” Most of the artists in the Bourgeois Pig's new "6x6" show, while not suffering from the megalomaniacal dementia of Ms. Desmond, might tend to agree. "6x6" solves the twin conundrums of how to a) showcase a legion of artists within limited gallery space and b) produce pieces at a mass market price that might actually sell in a crap economy. The show, curated by Molly Murphy, collects dozens of creative types from the Lawrence area and downsizes them to a 6-inch by 6-inch format.
Read our preview of the opening.
Show opens April 12.
Participating artists: Alicia Kelly Carr Karen Wiley Anne Kuckelman Cobb Natalie Ann Dye Rosemary Murphy Adri Pendergast Charles Ray Eric Johnson Eric Kessinger Patrick Giroux Brett Allen Laurie Culling Clint Ricketts Andy Burkitt Emily Eakes Josie Wrath Jeremy Rockwell Eric Farnsworth Jeromy Morris Paul Flinders Robert Gandy Nan Renbarger Whit Bones Linda Baranski Eric Dobbins Ann Dean Betsy Timmer David Loewenstein Chantel Guidry Ailescia Ruscin Wayne Propst
- Sundays at The Bourgeois Pig: $3 cooler beer
- Mondays at The Bourgeois Pig: $5 Horsefeathers / $4 Moscow Mules / $3 cooler beer
- Tuesdays at The Bourgeois Pig: $5 all wines by the glass / $3 cooler beer
- Wednesdays at The Bourgeois Pig: $5 double infusions / $3 cooler beer
- Thursdays at The Bourgeois Pig: $2 off classic martinis / $3 cooler beer
- Fridays at The Bourgeois Pig: $3 cooler beer
- Saturdays at The Bourgeois Pig: $3 cooler beer
This event was posted April 16, 2009 and last updated Sept. 16, 2014