Now you can get our Lawrence restaurant guide and drink specials on your iPod, for perusal at your convenience. Just follow these easy instructions.
How to install
- Download the iPod edition zip file -
› Wakarusa Festival 2007 schedule,
› the regular lawrence.com iPod edition,
- and unzip it. It should create a folder named "Lawrence.com".
- Connect your iPod to your computer and mount it as an external drive. On Windows, it should appear in "My Computer." On a Mac, it should appear in your Finder.
- In that drive, open the "Notes" folder and drag the "Lawrence.com" folder into it.
How to view
- Turn on your iPod. Go to the main menu, and select "Extras," then "Notes," then "Lawrence.com." Note: The first time you do this, it'll take a short while to load. Don't worry -- that'll only happen the first time.
- Navigate through the information by using the scroll wheel and click button. To go back up a level, click the "Menu" button.
- How much space does this take up?
- Only about 300 kilobytes, which is about a quarter of the size of an average song.
- Hey, my iPod doesn't have a "Notes" feature...
- We're sorry, but this only works on relatively new iPods.
- How do I "unzip" a "file"?
- First, try double-clicking on the "file" with your "mouse." If nothing productive happens, "download" a "program" such as WinZip (Windows) or Stuffit Expander (Mac).
- How do I remove it from my iPod?
- Just connect your iPod to your computer and mount it, then delete the "Lawrence.com" folder. It's that easy!
- Does this update itself with the latest information?
- No, it doesn't update itself. And you bring up a great point -- you'll probably want to update it every once in a while to get the latest drink specials and restaurant info. To do so, just remove it, following the instructions from the previous question, and install it again by following the installation instructions above.
- I have a cool idea for other information you can put in lawrence.com iPod edition!
- Please stop what you're doing and contact the lawrence.com homies immediately.