World Online, a division of The World Company in Lawrence, Kan., is looking for a senior designer for its award-winning Web team.
This position requires a talented designer who understands visual/interactive design principles and has a high level of proficiency with hand-coding CSS and (X)HTML. You'll be responsible for high-end concept and design work for a variety of projects, including news, entertainment, sports and commerce. You will work closely with our content and development teams in an openly creative, teamwork-oriented environment. Your portfolio should demonstrate an excellent level of design skills, attention to detail and problem-solving, while showcasing your finest work.
- Ideal candidate will have at least 4 years experience designing for the Web.
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to work well with art direction.
- Strong creative and conceptual skills, with a focus on Web and interface design.
- Understanding of different platforms, browsers and other relevant Internet technologies.
- Working knowledge of information architecture concepts.
- Ability to create, direct and multitask effectively under pressure.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash.
- Proficiency in coding with (X)HTML and CSS Web standards.
- Lead creative work on design projects.
- Create concepts, wire-frames and style guides.
- Complete site design from concept to implementation.
- Miscellaneous design work and maintenance.
- Work in collaborative team environment on all projects.
How to apply:
Send resume, links and information to:
More about World Online
2005 EPpy awards
- ljworld.com - Best Internet News Service under 1 million
- lawrence.com - Best Internet Entertainment Service under 1 million
- steamboathomefinder.com - Best Internet Shopping Service under 1 million
2005 NAA edgie awards
- ljworld.com - Best Overall News Site, Circulation Less Than 75,000
- lawrence.com - Best Home Page User Experience, Circulation Less Than 75,000
- ljworld.com/sports - Best Sports Site, Circulation Less Than 75,000
- steamboathomefinder.com - Best Real Estate Site, Circulation Less Than 75,000
2005 Kansas Press Association
- ljworld.com - Best News Site
2004 EPpy awards
- KUsports.com - Best Internet Sports Service under 1 million monthly visitors
- lawrence.com - Best Internet Entertainment Service under 1 million monthly visitors
- lawrence.com - Best Entertainment Site, Circulation less than 75,000
- steamboathomefinder.com - Best Real Estate Site, Circulation less than 75,000
2003 EPpy awards
- ljworld.com - Best Overall Newspaper-Affiliated Internet Service (less than 1 million monthly visitors)
- ljworld.com - Best Internet News Service (less than 1 million unique visitors)
- kusports.com - Best Internet Sports Service (less than 1 million unique visitors)
- lawrence.com - Best Internet Entertainment Service (less than 1 million unique visitors)
2003 Edgie awards
- kusports.com - Best Sports Site, Circulation less than 75,000