...wherein we listen to what Lawrence's movers and shakers are moving and shaking. to.
- M83, "Before the Dawn Heals Us"
- Postal Service, "Give Up"
- Depeche Mode, "Violator"
- Pat Metheny, "Imaginary Days"
...wherein local TV connoisseurs intimate what keeps them on their couches.
- "Sex and the City"
"It's funny and modern...It's edited but it's still an awesome show"
- "Family Guy"
"I wanted to watch the new episode so band. My boyfriend told me it's just as good as before"
- "Good Eats"
"The host is this really nerdy cool guy. He shows you what's actually in the food ... everything you'd ever need to know about any dish."
Currently reading: "Romancer Erector," by Diane Williams
"It's a great book. I think she's the most exciting living American writer of experimental, cutting-edge fiction."
One book everyone should read: "The Brothers Karamazov," by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
"It's the most interesting book ever written - just Dostoyevsky's attempt to show how the relationship between three brothers results in a parricide."
Top websites of the week
- www.cfh.ufsc.br/~oriente <img src="http://media.lawrence.com/img/special/logo_oriente.gif" align="right" />It's our pleasure to bring you what may be the greatest logo ever created. The link above is merely a formality, included so you'll believe us. But since the, um, popularity of their logo seems to be causing them some server difficulties, we give you, without further ado:
- americawestandasone.com/video.html If you think some pathetic ribbon on your car trunk makes you patriotic, you've got a lot to learn about what makes this the finest country in the world. Dennis Madalone knows. It's CGI, angels, the ocean, flags, firemen, and ROCK! And schoolchildren and rainbows. And giant hands. Watch and learn, commie! Bow down in praise of UH-MARE-UH-KUHHH!
- necoro.com/theater/broad/vp.mov Meet Necoro, the latest electronic plaything from Japan. We said Necoro, not Necro. That's also from Japan, but completely different. Anyway, you no longer have to wait for your real cat to kill you in your sleep (you know he wants to), because now there's Necoro, the robotic feline death machine.
- zanorg.com/prodperso/tronchedekek.htm <img src="http://media.lawrence.com/img/special/lists-french.jpg" align="right" />Simple. Elegant. Clicky. Mess with some French guy's face by clicking on his mouth and eyes.<br clear="both" />
Submit a link