...wherein we listen to what Lawrence's movers and shakers are moving and shaking. to.
- TV On The Radio, "Return To Cookie Mountain"
- Manu Chao, "Clandestine"
- Terrible Twos, "If You Ever See An Owl"
- Etta James, "At Last"
- Robert Johnson, "Complete Recordings"
...wherein local TV connoisseurs intimate what keeps them on their couches.
- Battlestar Galactica "Humans frac Cylons. Frac means fuck. Mainly it's straight science fiction. It's about humans on the run, humans losing control. But there's always hope."
- Dexter "Fantastic show. It's about a serial killer working as a forensic investigator for the police. He stalks and kills bad guys. But he's not a hero. He just likes killing people and he's reasoned out a way to make it seem good."
- Weeds "Its about a single mom growing marijuana to support her family. It goes from there. It's heartwarming; it's genius."
Currently reading: Duino Elegies-Rilke "It was a gift. It's romantic. It's transformative. It's about the power of beauty, how beauty can overwhelm you. Beauty really is all in the eye of the beholder."
One book everyone should read: Moby Dick-Melville "Words can be the greatest torture. I hated Moby Dick when I was reading it. I had to write a paper about hubris, and you can't get better than Captain Ahab. Talk about obsessive. What a story!"
Top 20 Rejected Headlines For This Week's Cover Story
1. Unholy moly gucamole!
2. Where's the relief?
3. Fast food irritation
5. Star Spangles banter
6. $2.99? Are you f*cking insane!
8. Ketchup & bastard
9. Super-sized rage
10. Shilled cheese
11. Saturation fat
13. Disenfranchise restaraunt
14. Sappy meal
15. It just tastes bitter
16. Drive spew window
17. Nutritional disinformation
18. Go back to Wichita
19. A sad reminder of the consumerist depravity which is destroying
our health and cultural identity
20. Spunk food