...wherein we listen to what Lawrence's movers and shakers are moving and shaking. to.
- Hypo, "Random Veneziano"
- Common, "Finding Forever"
- Deerhunter, "Cryptograms"
- Little Brother, "The Minstrel Show"
- Hasil Adkins, "Best of the Haze"
...wherein local TV connoisseurs intimate what keeps them on their couches.
- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart "It's brilliant. I watch it mostly for its writing. It hasn't supplanted traditional news as my primary source of information, but it got Crossfire kicked off the air!"
- Human Weapon "It's on the History Channel. It's about two martial artists who travel the world studying different forms of fighting. They spend a few weeks training in that particular martial art, then take on their current champion. It's really interesting. It's also very violent, for obvious reasons."
- Rescue Me "It's a post 9/11 show about firefighters dealing with their daily lives. It's kind of like 'Scrubs', but it's on FX so they can get away with more. I'm a Denis Leary fan, but I'm more of a fan of all of the good acting and writing. They've got some great comedic elements and a really good soundtrack. It's both a comedy and a drama."
Currently reading: "Everything Is Illuminated" by Jonathan Safran Foer "I haven't really gotten that far into it. The part I'm at is about a guy who's an English interpreter who's looking for this other guy. (Laughs.) I just started it. I heard it was really good and I saw that it has a really good reputation. From what little I've read, I was really impressed with the quality of writing."
One book everyone should read: "The People of Paper" by Salvador Plascencia "It's a folk tale that starts out with this man who makes a woman out of paper. He's an origami surgeon. Then it turns into a story about something else. It's very sad and it's very interesting. Everyone I know who has read it really, really likes it."
Top 20 Rejected Titles For Sarah Buxton Story
1. Buxton Beauty
2. Belle of the Y'All
3. Twang 'Em High
4, Twangs for the Memories
5. Cowgirl, Interrupted
6. Wagon Slayer
7. She Twangs! She Twangs!
8. Country Fried Chick
9. Bumpkin and Grindin'
10. Country Crunk
11. A Fistfull of Hollers
12. Homecoming on the Range
13. Pride Before the Y'All
14. Perky Tonk Badonkadonk
15. The Decline of Country-Western Civilization As We Know It
16. The Rodeo to Success
17. Debutante Y'All
18. Booty Scootin' Boogie
19. You Twang?
20. Talented, Young, and Visually Appealing Singer-Songwriter Finds Success With Songs About Romanticized Americana In Popular Musical Format Derived From Traditional Folk Sounds (with puns)