...wherein we listen to what Lawrence's movers and shakers are moving and shaking. to.
- Bobby Caldwell "What You Won’t Do For Love (DZ Remix)"
- Monkey Steak "Ratatosk’s Tree EP"
- Logo "Business Man"
- Tom & Jerry Vol. 9 "Air Freshener"
- RSD "Over It"
...wherein local TV connoisseurs intimate what keeps them on their couches.
- Best Week Ever “As much TV as I watch every week, I can’t watch it all, and ‘Best Week Ever’ gets me caught up on absolutely everything. It’s a clip show that runs down all of the great TV and pop culture events of the week. Paul F. Tompkins is the host. After a long day at work I just want to turn my brain off, and this show helps me do that.”
- Rock of Love: Charm School “It’s a bunch of ladies that were kicked off of ‘Rock of Love with Bret Michaels.’ I like to watch sluts behaving badly, and these sluts behave really badly. They’re awful, awful human beings. It makes me and my friends feel better about not being that awful, but we do watch this show, so I don’t know what that says about us.”
- House “I watch it exclusively for Hugh Laurie. He’s amazing. I like the science and medical angle of the show, but I really watch it for Hugh Laurie. He’s so sexy, especially when you hear him talk with his British accent.”
Currently reading: “Influence” by Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen “The Olsen twins interview a bunch of designers, photographers and artists who have influenced them throughout their lives. I grew up with ‘Full House,’ so when I saw it at Target I was like, ‘Holy shit!’ It was cheap, so I bought it.”
One book everyone should read: “East of Eden” by John Steinbeck “It’s the story of the Trask family, which parallels the Biblical story of Cain and Abel, and all of the good and evil that happens in their lives. It’s a big-ass book and it’s very poignant.”