...wherein we listen to what Lawrence's movers and shakers are moving and shaking. to.
- The 88 "Not Only...But Also"
- Silverchair "Diorama"
- Phantom Planet "Raise the Dead"
- The Fray "How to Save a Life"
- Sondre Lerche "Faces Down"
...wherein local TV connoisseurs intimate what keeps them on their couches.
- The Wire "It's a f*cking awesome TV show. It's about inner city Baltimore, focusing on the police and the drug trade. Lots of my friends loved the show and recommended it to me. It's pretty intelligent and entertaining. Now I watch it on DVD and I love it and I can't stop watching it. It's an expensive habit."
- Paris Hilton's My New BFF "I blame my boyfriend for getting me hooked on this show. It's Paris' search for a new best friend-forever! It's just a bunch of hussies competing in all these ridiculous challenges, where she'll fly them to Vegas or Tokyo. They try to out-drink each other or see who can stay up the longest and party all night. There was a show girl challenge last night. I don't know how that determines a best friend, but what the hell. Maybe there will be a sex tape-off for the finale."
- Family Guy "Who doesn't like 'Family Guy'? There's something wrong with you if you don't like 'Family Guy.' I got into a huge fight with some guy at the Pig the other night because he said he would never watch 'Family Guy.' It's silly, funny and slightly offensive to some people-I like that in my shows."
Currently reading: "Gemstone Reflexology" by Norah Kirchner "It's about using gemstones and crystals on reflexology points. Reflexology is using pressure points for healing. This book is a self-teaching guide to using gems and crystals to heal without using pharmaceuticals-natural healing. So far, I've had some successful reflexology sessions. I've been fairly natural for my whole life. I rely mostly on eating well, self healing and metaphysics."
One book everyone should read: "The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals" by Judy Hall "It's a reference guide, an encyclopedia of gemstones and their healing qualities. If you have any ailments, you can look it up in the glossary and see what stones you could acquire to help you conquer them without going into the established medical world. It's super heady. It's opened me up to a world of possibilities. You can cure what ails you by using things that come from the earth."