Happy Mother's Day! Cable celebrates the occasion on Sunday with marathons and other programming stunts.
Comedy Central reels off an afternoon of movies, mothers and mirth, beginning with "Peggy Sue Got Married" (noon Sunday), "Drowning Mona" (2 p.m.) and "National Lampoon's Vacation" (4 p.m.).
BBC America presents the hourlong comedy special "Absolutely Fabulous New York" (7 p.m. Sunday). In this update, Patsy (Joanna Lumley) and Edina (Jennifer Saunders) fly to New York for Fashion Week. Along the way, Edina discovers that her long-lost and never-seen son, Serge, is gay and living in the Big Apple. "New York" aired previously on Comedy Central.
Even modern Stone-Age families observed Mother's Day. The Cartoon Network offers a seven-hour "Flintstones" "Wilma-thon," beginning at 11 a.m. The first five hours celebrate Wilma's life as a single gal, her courtship with Fred, the birth of Pebbles and the trials of parenthood. Fred and Wilma become grandparents in the 1993 animated feature "Hollyrock-a-Bye Baby" (4 p.m. Sunday), making its television debut.
- Clint Eastwood stars in the 1966 western "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" (7 p.m., AMC). The print of this film, directed by Sergio Leone, was recently restored to its original condition. Several never-before-seen scenes have been added.
- Mannion loses his job and tries to cope with Ella's (Lynne Thigpen) death on "The District" (8 p.m., CBS). Thigpen died suddenly on March 12.
- Terri discovers the mole on the first of a two-part season finale of "The Agency" (9 p.m., CBS).
- Adrien Brody hosts "Saturday Night Live" (10:30 p.m., NBC), featuring musical guests Sean Paul and Wayne Wonder.
- JJ's football fantasies may have to wait on "American Dreams" (7 p.m., NBC).
- The quartet is whittled down to a final pair on "Survivor: The Amazon" (7 p.m., CBS). Then a panel of past rejects picks the winner. Followed by "Survivor: The Amazon Reunion" (9 p.m.). Jeff Probst hosts.
- The documentary "A Mystery in Alaska" on "Nature" (7 p.m., PBS) examines the unexplained disappearance of many of the region's Steller's sea lions. The species population in western Alaska has declined 80 percent in the past two decades.
- The cast (with the notable exception of Tori Spelling) reunites on "Beverly Hills 90210: 10-Year High School Reunion" (8 p.m., Fox).
- Friday faces murder charges on the season finale of "Dragnet" (9 p.m., ABC).