Sunday, March 7, 2004
1. "The Last Juror," by John Grisham (Doubleday, $27.95). In Clanton, Miss., someone is killing off the jurors who sent a member of a powerful crime family to prison for the rape and murder of a young mother.
2. "The Da Vinci Code," by Dan Brown (Doubleday, $24.95). The murder of a curator at the Louvre leads to a trail of clues found in the work of Leonardo and to the discovery of a centuries-old secret society.
3. "The Five People You Meet in Heaven," by Mitch Albom (Hyperion, $19.95). An old man who died while trying to rescue a little girl from danger discovers that all will be explained to him in the afterlife.
4. "Angels & Demons," by Dan Brown (Atria, $17.95). A Harvard scholar tries to save the Vatican from the machinations of an underground society.
5. "Ain't She Sweet?" by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (Morrow, $24.95). A woman who grew up rich and spoiled in Parrish, Miss., returns home penniless.
1. "Deliver Us From Evil," by Sean Hannity (ReganBooks/HarperCollins, $26.95). The radio and television personality argues that the war on terror must involve the defeat of liberalism as well as despotism.
2. "American Dynasty," by Kevin Phillips (Viking, $25.95). The political commentator details a "pattern of deception" in four generations of the Bush family.
3. "The Price of Loyalty," by Ron Suskind (Simon & Schuster, $26). A view inside the Bush administration from the perspective of Paul O'Neill, the president's first Treasury secretary.
4. "Give Me a Break," by John Stossel (HarperCollins, $24.95). The "20/20" co-anchor recalls his battles with hucksters, scam artists and "the liberal media."
5. "The Passion," (Tyndale, $24.99). A collection of still photographs taken on location during the filming of Mel Gibson's movie "The Passion of the Christ."
Advice, how-to and miscellaneous
1. "The Purpose-Driven Life," by Rick Warren (Zondervan, $19.99). Finding the meaning of life through God.
2. "The South Beach Diet," by Arthur Agatston (Rodale, $24.95). A weight-loss plan designed by a Miami cardiologist.
3. "The Ultimate Weight Solution," by Phil McGraw (Free Press, $26). Dr. Phil identifies "seven keys" to losing weight.
4. "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands," by Laura C. Schlessinger (HarperCollins, $24.95). Advice for women on how to treat spouses.
5. "The Automatic Millionaire," by David Bach (Broadway, $19.95). A one-step plan "to live and finish rich."