Art stolen from Bourgeois Pig exhibit

photo

Submitted photo

The art by Charles Ray, stolen recently from The Bourgeois Pig exhibit.

UPDATE:

Charles Ray's pieces are safe at The Bourgeois Pig, and will be back on view this weekend. Please come by and check out the show, if you have not already.

-Molly Murphy

Three rust pieces by Charles Ray have disappeared from The Bourgeois Pig's 6x6" show. I have attached the photo of the missing pieces. Please send to as many people as you can. Charles was kind enough to participate in this show, and helps other artists out at a time when artists need all the support they can get by organizing the Marisco's art shows. Please help to make it known that this is not only unacceptable, but reprehensible, and that Lawrence is small enough that someone will eventually see these artworks. I simply want these three pieces returned to their rightful owner.
—Molly Murphy
art coordinator for The Bourgeois Pig

Comments

Adri Pendergrass 10 years, 7 months ago

Agreed. What a horrible thing to do. Artists work hard, and stealing someone's work is like taking a part of that person's soul. Shame on whoever did this. Bring them back.

seth wiese 10 years, 7 months ago

I did it...kinda. I was on my computer at that corner booth and reached to grab something; my elbow bumped the display knocking it off the wall. None of the art was hurt, the 3 top pieces, I rehung. But the bottom 3 pieces, the hangers fell off the backs of the pieces. I then gave the fallen pieces to the bartender working at the time. No harm was intended....

gavon 10 years, 7 months ago

Via Molly Murphy, the pieces are safe and back on display at the Pig. This caper was a lot less exciting, and had considerably fewer pirates involved, than I was hoping.

Charley Downey 10 years, 7 months ago

My roommate is a klutz. I'm really sorry.

Cliff Davis 10 years, 7 months ago

Sounds like the caper is solved. However, the instruments stolen from our band over 18 months ago have not surfaced. A curse upon thee whoever holds those stringed instruments! We hope the drugs were worth stealing the livelihood and sentimental possessions of our bluegrass band.

Emily Hadley 10 years, 7 months ago

Funny that as we were sitting in front of the empty display cursing him, the culprit walked right by us. Funny also that this article is so happily updated, yet it still bears the sinister title.