Style Scout: Richard Trinidad Garcia

Name: Richard Trinidad Garcia

Age: 29

Sign: Scorpio

Hometown: Kansas City

Time in Lawrence: On and off for 10 years

Occupation: Party planner and manager at Teller's

What were you doing when scouted? Getting a beer with my favorite bartender, Adam Smith.

Favorite places? The levee trail, The Pig, Teller's, Au Marche, and The Green Room.

How would you describe your style? I think of myself as an old man.

Where do you get your hair cut? The Green Room, and Terri cuts my hair.

Favorite trends? Jeans that fit are a plus, no bras under t-shirts, Hangauer chic, old-man sweaters, and heckling.

Least favorite trends? AIDS, cancer, and fusion cuisine.

photo

Tattoos/piercings? I have a tattoo of the state of Kansas on my right arm.

Favorite coffee shop? I don't really drink coffee, and when I do, I get it for free at work.

Favorite bar? I like the Tap Room because it smells great, it's intimate, and Jeremy is a sexy man. I also like the Star Bar for their $2 Tap Special, and I like going to Teller's on Monday nights for $6 wine—pretty sweet.

What would you like to see more of in Lawrence? People that give a shit. I'd also like to see more people playing D&D;, more people jogging, a small wine bar, and more people buying art.

What would you like to see less of? Litter—specifically plastic bags, and aggressive panhandling.

Who are your fashion influences? Quadrophenia, Richard Serra, Dan Flavin, and El Anatsui.

My favorite meal of all time is: Squab risotto and a bottle of Cristal.

Tell us a secret: I was raised Catholic and was bored to tears by church, so to get me through the hour, I used to press my palms against my eyes until I put myself in a trance.

photo

PRICE OF CLOTHING:

Shoes: Tretorn, purchased at American Rag in L.A, 2 years ago for $120

Pants: Acne, purchased in Berlin, 4 1/2 years ago for 120 euros.

T-shirt: Purchased at Star Stylings in Berlin, 4 1/2 years ago for 15 euros.

Sweater: Purchased at Vintage Van's, last year for $12

Glasses: Persol, purchased in Paris last summer for $100

Bag: Freitag, purchased in Paris last summer, really expensive.

Comments

corduroypants 11 years, 9 months ago

What's this? Someone in Lawrence actually paid retail for clothing?

"I bought it from a homeless guy for a dime...I got it from Sears in Tonganoxie for 3 cents...I found it in my great-grandfather's trash can...cool."

Drana 11 years, 9 months ago

God, I love those Persol glasses. I wonder if their vintage or the recent re-issue. I fucking hate litter, too. I cannot stand seeing people litter, it makes me want to get stabby.

ricardotrinidad 11 years, 9 months ago

Does anyone else find this guy, gvnobas intriguing? Bro, if you need a shoulder to snot and cry on, give a dude a call. Otherwise, I suggest going outside and enjoying the life you have chosen to lead instead of trolling around this website spouting a bunch of bullsh*t. It's not a good look for you.

smerdyakov 11 years, 9 months ago

ricardotrinidad-- Evidently somebody currently hampered by a less-than-sunny disposition. I'd pay em no mind... they'll either quit that shit, or move on if nobody engages it.

THAT SAID, in fairness, you do look to be perpetually stuck in high school. A book bag? At 29?? Where's your trapper keeper DOUCHEBAG?! hahahahhahha.

I kid of course.

PatrickJoseph 11 years, 9 months ago

What? You don't read books anymore? You need a place to keep 'em.

Besides, those Freitag bags are rad as shit. Also as expensive. I saw them in the documentary for "Helvetica." They're old tarps, or signs, or whatever, that they cut-up and re-weave into bags. Excuse me, bookbags.