Friday, March 27, 2009
Note: Press release from KU reprinted as submitted:
Thank you for your interest in the mural project at the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center.
Guidelines for artwork:
All materials due to the ASRFC office, room 103 no later than Monday, April 13 by 5 p.m. (Office hours here)
• Must include a Jayhawk (this can be an abstract/interpretative Jayhawk), nest, and Dr. Ambler’s quote, “Remember your nest; return to it often. And never forget this unique bird that has set you free!”
• Please note that all artwork will be subjected to the approval of University Relations and the selection committee. Please respect the University of Kansas graphic standards principles and trademark and licensing policies. The selection committee reserves the right to request changes to the artwork to remain consistent with the trademark and licensing standards. Also, as your submitted artwork incorporates Dr. Ambler’s quote, please be mindful when using it in the future. We appreciate you being aware of the context of the situation where you display your submitted piece.
• The submitted artwork must reflect the attached sketch. The attached sketch should serve as a directional prompt. Please feel free to exercise your creative freedom in the creation of your art.
• The artwork must be no smaller than 8” by 8” and no larger than 28” by 28”. The actual size of the mural will take up a large portion of the brick wall by the indoor track.
• Must include a name, phone number, and email with your artwork so we may contact you to retrieve your artwork when the selection is completed.
The submitted artwork will be reviewed by the ASRFC mural selection committee. Your application items for the mural project must include the following:
• Sketch, painting, or drawing following the above guidelines.
• Explanation of artwork. Please explain if there is any symbolism and your inspiration for the creation.
• Please include a projected budget for this project. Keep in mind the project tools and number of hours involved to complete the project.
All application materials must be delivered to the ASRFC office, room 103 (1740 Watkins Center Drive) no later than Monday, April 13 by 5 p.m. When delivering application materials, please specify that you are applying for the mural project.
Please direct all questions regarding the mural project to Kimberly Westphall (srfcmarketing [at] ku [dot] edu or (785) 864-1374.