Tuesday, June 8, 2010
From the Downtown Lawrence Arts District — Downtown Lawrence Arts District is calling for artists and designers to submit a logo design and event name to be used for a Final Fridays initiative. Final Fridays in downtown Lawrence is to be launched on August 27, 2010.
The logo will be chosen by representatives from DLAD. The winning design will be used on all promotional materials and will receive $500.
Downtown Lawrence Arts District plans to facilitate a monthly celebration of the arts presented in non-traditional spaces promoting exhibitions and performances in downtown Lawrence Kansas. Working together with Downtown merchants, galleries, and individual visual and performing artists, the Final Friday of each month will become synonymous with strolling throughout Downtown to enjoy performances and visual art exhibits in unexpected places. Galleries, restaurants, retail stores, banks and even empty storefronts will be utilized to create an oasis of creative energy. DLAD is comprised of members from art galleries located in downtown Lawrence, Chamber of Commerce, Downtown Lawrence Inc, Lawrence Visitors and Convention Bureau.
Entries Due: June 30, 2010
Email Entries to: dlartsdistrict (at) gmail (dot) com
• The design must be able to be printed in black-and-white as well as in full color (if applicable).
• The size must be adjustable from very small to large.
• It must be possible to use it on screen : internet, CD-ROM,TV, video and banners, on paper, in newspaper print, letterhead, cards, advertisements, posters, and on textile or various gadgets.
• The works should be prepared in a high resolution (300dpi).
• As final files are usually too big to send via e-mail, you are asked to forward a lower resolution copy.
• Only gif and jpg file formats will be accepted, 300 kb max.
• In the event of a winning design: we will request your high-resolution images.
• You can participate with a maximum of 3 works, each work should be forwarded in a separate e-mail.
• Only entries with a declaration of authorship are accepted, Please add to each entry:
The design is my own creation and has been developed in conformity with the competition’s guideline.
The design shall not in any way infringe any third party’s right, including but not limited to copyright, logos, trademark, trade names, or other proprietary rights of publicity or privacy.