Sunday, November 21, 2010
The community is invited to support Operation Wildlife by becoming a Santa Claws at a special event from noon to 6 p.m. Dec. 12.
The public can stop by to stuff the stockings of their favorite animals with needed supplies or make a financial donation. Hot cocoa, cookies and punch will be served.
Items sought include:
- For all animals: Bleach, laundry detergent, latex or non-latex eam gloves, 33- and 22-gallon trash bags, masking tape, nonclumping cat litter, large-breed dog food, toilet paper (no Charmin), paper towels, bath towels, hand towels and washrags (no holes or strings). Also needed is Pine-Sol, sisal rope, Kleenex, chux, batteries, flashlights, sealable plastic bags, ice cream containers with lids, polar fleece and Wal-Mart gift cards to buy fresh produce.
- For baby mammals: Dark green, yellow and orange baby food, strained meat baby food, shelled and unsalted walnuts, pecans and almonds.
- For baby birds: Empty 8-ounce Cool Whip containers, Science Diet feline growth dry food, Science Diet Feline Light Maintenance dry food.
- For water birds: Dumor chick starter/grower 20 percent or Purina gamebird starter or Nutrena game bird starter (all should be nonmedicated).
- For beavers: Mazuri Rodent Blocks (purple and white bag).
Office needs include Canon MX 850 black and color ink cartridges, HP60 & 60XL black and color ink cartridges, Forever stamps from the post office and office paper.
Operation Wildlife is located at 23375 Guthrie Road, Linwood. Visit www.owl-online.org for more information.