Style Scout: Katlyn Rose Conroy

Clothing Details:

Boots: Payless, December 2010, $35.

Dress: Forever 21, July 2010, $22.

Brooch: Antique Mall, February 2010, $1.

Belt: Arizona Trading Company, March 2009, $5.

Jacket: Antique Mall, November 2010, $15.

Bag: Arizona Trading Company, January 2011, $7.

Clothing Details: Boots: Payless, December 2010, $35. Dress: Forever 21, July 2010, $22. Brooch: Antique Mall, February 2010, $1. Belt: Arizona Trading Company, March 2009, $5. Jacket: Antique Mall, November 2010, $15. Bag: Arizona Trading Company, January 2011, $7.

photo

Name: Katlyn Rose Conroy

Age: 22

Sign: Libra

Occupation: Musician in Cowboy Indian Bear/Web designer.

Relationship status: Currently being courted.

Hometown: Lawrence

Time in Lawrence: 22 years

What were you doing when you were scouted? Wandering/wondering about.

How would you describe your style? It changes from day to day. I’m an emotional dresser.

What are your current favorite fashion trends? Hair brooches, knee-high socks, red lipstick, and lace.

What are your least favorite fashion trends? Headbands, denim dresses, and boys wearing flip-flops.

What would you like to see more of in Lawrence? My boyfriend, independent movie theaters, harpists, and downtown food vendors.

What would you like to see less of in Lawrence? People riding mopeds without helmets and tornado watches.

Do you have any piercings/tattoos? My nose and ears are pierced and I have eight tattoos.

Do you have any fashion influences? Kianna Alarid, Karen O. and anyone who has a lot of fun with their wardrobe.

People say I look like... I've yet to find someone I think I look really similar to ... you tell me?

Tell us a secret: I have a robot arm.

Comments

rosekopf8 9 years, 10 months ago

Is there a reason Lawrence.com always picks people they know for the style scout and especially all the members of Cowboy Indian Bear and their friends? It seems that most the people are hand picked or friends of someone. Why doesn't Lawrence.com try to get away from people they know and really stick to people out and about on the streets of Lawrence to photograph, instead of all their friends?

Trevan 9 years, 10 months ago

If you have someone specific in mind that you would recommend for Style Scout, you can always suggest them to us by e-mailing homies(at)lawrence.com.

devil_town 9 years, 10 months ago

Boy, if this was anyone else rose would not say a word. Silly silly rose. Maybe have made this comment on someone less personal. Practice whatchya preach mam.

rosekopf8 9 years, 10 months ago

Boy, you shouldn't take things so personal, just stating what I have seen and facts. I would like to see more people on the streets other than entire band members and business owners on style scout. What about visitors downtown? There has to be other people passing through downtown and it would be nice to see new faces.

devil_town 9 years, 10 months ago

Not everyone in this band has had a style scout. So that's 3 people, and they do 2 a week. You do the math. To assume that most people on here are friends or members of local bands are absurd. If you go read the last months worth of these, you'll find they are indeed made up of random individuals. A lot of who are new to Lawrence.

rosekopf8 9 years, 10 months ago

Devil town, you sound like the devil in town for sure. The name Devil Town suits you well! Little do you know, I have done the math and there are only four members in the band and three of the four of have been on style scout recently, including a girlfriend of a member (ironic you think?). Obviously, you are not pleased with my good observation and don't like my suggestion in the comments of style scout section. If you have such a huge problem with people commenting, take it up with producers of Lawrence.com-it wasn't my choice to include a comment section in the style scout, I'm just a local voicing my observation. What emotion would you be conveying in your fashion? (the devil)? Learn to relax and get a hold of your thoughts without trying to hurt others that state facts!!!! I just think there are so many folks in Lawrence that would be great to display on style scout, other than just the familiar faces and all the same people, be more selective, please.

rosekopf8 9 years, 10 months ago

I really don't need you to tell me how style scout works, you must be the person in the photo to make such absurd comments and such a bazzar, senseless statement at people who use the comment. You sound as if you are upset-because I actually noticed all of your band members posed photos for style scout, except one, do you have a problem with that? Why are you so worried about what others think? You are supposed to be a confident young woman posing for style scout-I thought that is why you did this? Why do you comment on your own style scout profile, it took me a while to figure it out (who you were), it was just crazy what you said and it made absolutely zero sense,so weird! You really didn't understand my point, you just didn't like the fact that I made a comment in the style scout, how weird can that be? Please don't try to put words into my mouth-if they are not politically correct. Best of all, don't pose for style scout if you can't handle people leaving comments- that is all I can tell you, really?

Write2Know 9 years, 10 months ago

I'll give her props for not spending a ton of $$$ on fashion.

rosekopf8 9 years, 10 months ago

Great photo taken, I love the background mural. It would be nice to see some color to make people have a sense of Spring and summer on the way. I'm curious what emotional is conveyed in this outfit, are you?

weather_reports 9 years, 10 months ago

Write2know- thanks. Its not by choice but I'm glad I'm able to :)