Style Scout Ginny Williams

Clothing Details:
Motorcycle Boots: Vintage, January 2011, gift.
Dress: Wildman Vintage, June 2010, $12.
Earrings: Forever 21, January 2011, $8.

Clothing Details: Motorcycle Boots: Vintage, January 2011, gift. Dress: Wildman Vintage, June 2010, $12. Earrings: Forever 21, January 2011, $8.

photo

Name: Ginny Williams

Age: 22

Sign: Sagittarius

Relationship Status: In a relationship.

Hometown: Knoxville, Tenn.

Time in Lawrence: One year

Occupation: Cat nanny

What were you doing when scouted? Visiting friends at a graduation party.

How would you describe your style? There’s really no method to the madness, I just buy what I like.

What are your current favorite fashion trends? Annie Hall-esque fashion — alligator shoes, sweaters and vests.

What are your least favorite fashion trends? I’m not too particular, but I’m not a big fan of cross-dressing — except for Eddy Izzard.

What would you like to see more of in Lawrence? Cowboy boots and tent-dwellers.

What would you like to see less of in Lawrence? North Face jackets and Ugg Boots please!

Do you have any piercings or tattoos? 13 tattoos, one temporary tattoo, and eight piercings.

Do you have any fashion influences? My older sister — she dressed me all through high school!

People say I look like: My dad.

Tell us a secret: I keep my mouth shut!

Comments

Bassetlover 9 years, 9 months ago

Good grief, I hope the tat plastered on your chest is the one you describe as "temporary", as it will be quite distracting in your wedding pictures one day down the road.

campblood 9 years, 9 months ago

"Live fast, Die young" will just become "hipster ironic" once she enters her twilight years.

Bob Forer 9 years, 9 months ago

Annie Hall would never have a tattoo like THAT.

WHTNY 9 years, 9 months ago

Since this is a STYLE scout pertaining to wardrobe and not a locals roast (^^^ to all you above who waste comments on negativity), I have to say the dress and boot combo is very cute. I have to give you kudos for pulling off the motorcycle boots! You can never go wrong with vintage, keep up the good style! :)

hanchomike 9 years, 9 months ago

Nice negative tattoo references, Lawrence. "Hipster ironic". "Annie Hall would never have a tattoo like that". I bet half of the people (if not all) that said spiteful comments, instead of anything even slightly nice, are overweight parents with sad desk jobs. I think your ensemble says a lot about you. The fact that you'll sport a floral dress with motorcycle boots is not only ballsy, it's almost refreshing. I'd rather see that combo any day than your typical girl in american eagle cut-offs and a pac sun tank. Props for your individuality, Ginny.

amandae 9 years, 9 months ago

I really wish the nasty comments above would be deleted by admins. The people who agree to do style scout are putting themselves out there for the enjoyment/entertainment of Lawrence.com readers and don't deserve to be criticized in this way. Also, what the hell, Lawrence?! Has no one ever heard of the rule, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? Or is it just that the lure of anonymity has blinded your ability to make sound moral judgements?

Regardless, I think Ginny looks absolutely adorable - the perfect combination of girly mixed with a nice dose of attitude! So cute!

Tobigtofail 9 years, 9 months ago

This girl is SO cute. The dimple is darling and the confident attitude towards "Being Yourself" is so refreshing. In this day and time of "posers" it's a breath of fresh air to see someone who has the Kahunnas (even if she is a girl lol) to bring her style to our town. Welcome to Lawrence Ginny!

SusanEnneking 9 years, 9 months ago

Way to create controversy, Ginny! You looked great in this outfit in person as you do in the picture!

DavidDaSilvajr 9 years, 9 months ago

I call this the meadowlark look. Ginny, I really like your long hair... and your fashion sense.