Style Scout: Amy Lamphere

photo

Amy Lamphere, Lincoln, Neb. Clothing details: Luxottica Sunglasses by Jockey Person to Person, three years ago, $68; black denim jacket, Jockey Person to Person, $98; uncut cord jeans, Jockey Person to Person, fall 2012, $72; shirt, H&M, fall 2012, $24; scarf, vintage thrift shop, New York City, 1994, $25; shoes, Sketchers Go Walk, had it forever, $50; Honora cherry pearl earrings, QVC, a few years ago, $30.

Age: Old enough to be able to laugh at myself with love.

Relationship status: Married

Hometown: Lincoln, Neb.

Time in Lawrence: I’m visiting my daughter at KU.

Occupation: I’m a sales rep for a line of women’s clothing called Jockey Person to Person.

What were you doing when scouted: I was walking my dog, Indy.

Describe your style: My New York designer would call me bohemian for my age. I think it’s more like being funky preppy.

Fashion trends you love: I love colored jeans, fabulous shoes, statement necklaces and always scarves.

Fashion trends you hate: Oversized clothing on women. The fit is it!

Fashion influences: Any Hepburn, Audrey or Katharine!

What would you like to see more of in Lawrence? The girls here are so beautiful. I wish they would really celebrate that and not wear sweatshirts and leggings all the time. Dress up!

Less of? Rock Chalk gear

Tattoos or piercings: Just say no.

Who do people say you look like? Annette Bening

What type of music do you unwind to? Adult alternative like The Decemberists and Alabama Shakes.

Tell us a secret … I’m going to run away to Colorado soon. It’s time to act on my ski bum fantasy.

Comments

Benjamin Roberts 1 year, 5 months ago

Finally!! Style Scout actually scouted style. Good eye, Ed.

bluefirebird 1 year, 5 months ago

Finally is right!! I click on these articles to see the ridiculous photos but this woman has style. She gets an A+ from me.

Pepe 1 year, 5 months ago

Agreed. For a long time, I just looked at this column for the laughs and to see what not to wear. However, this lady is well dressed and has some style. Nice to see a person who is actually stylish for a change.

jedifunk 1 year, 5 months ago

Do you mean the original reporter, Caitlin? She moved to New York City, I believe.

Katie Dennis 1 year, 5 months ago

You know how I celebrate my beauty? Not worrying about dressing up every single time I leave the house. I get tired of hearing the same comment from those scouted, less sweatshirts and leggings. I'm sorry I don't dress myself to impress for every outing I make. It's cool that you're out and about and look stylish doing so, but worry about yourself. What I would like to see less of in Lawrence, people telling other people how to dress. Do whatever you want.

Katie Dennis 1 year, 5 months ago

p.s. she is really quite lovely. It just gets old hearing that same thing every time.

DanR 1 year, 5 months ago

Fashion tip: always accessorize with a fine looking spaniel!