The 55th annual Downtown Lawrence Sidewalk Sale is Thursday. Massachusetts Street merchants are already getting prepared. Are you?
Some basic information to know if you’re planning to hit the streets (or if you’re planning to avoid the area until it’s over):
Time: Sunup to sundown, though some stores will open well before the sun rises.
Place: Primarily Massachusetts Street between Sixth and 11th streets.
Weather: Looking very, very good. The National Weather Service forecasts partly sunny with a high of 75 degrees, though there is a chance of rain (30 percent) after 1 p.m.
Headquarters: Downtown Lawrence Inc. is at 808 Massachusetts St. Its table will have Sidewalk Sale guides and a misting machine.
The usual tips: Wear comfortable shoes. Wear sunscreen. Prepare to be patient with crowds. See Lawrence.com for a block-by-block breakdown of Sidewalk Sale highlights, and follow Downtown Lawrence Sidewalk Sale on Facebook (facebook.com/swsale) for posts throughout the day.
More like this story
- Thousands expected at annual Downtown Lawrence Sidewalk Sale
- Strategizing for the Sidewalk Sale
- Refreshments, entertainment a popular draw for those who have shopped Sidewalk Sale a bit too much
- Mrs. Mass.: Tips for the Sidewalk Sale
- Sidewalk sale: Get what’s hot and stay cool with our smart shopping tips