Oldfather Studios

  • 1621 W. Ninth St. Lawrence, KS 66044

Description

The two-story, 18,000-square-foot brick building houses the offices of the Film/Video Area of the Department of Theatre and Film, a soundstage, sound and editing suites, screening rooms and classrooms. It was acquired in February 1991 through the gift of Charles and Hortense Oldfather and named for Charles (1920-96), a law professor, university counsel and longtime actor and musician in local theater productions. Built in 1955, it was the studio for Centron Corp., a business and educational film production company.

Past events

Sign in to comment