Zelda Updates (taken down)

First off, I want to thank everyone who has kept an eye on this article during my marathon Zelda session last night. I know a lot of you are a little too impatient to wait until 11/19, so I tried to help out a bit with some Q&A and detailed updates.However, I just received a call from my Nintendo rep, and they're understandably a little concerned about big surprises being leaked prior to the release. She reiterated that there was no embargo, but that they would appreciate it if I left out some of the big story details.Nintendo has always been very good to us here at L-com (hell, I'm playing the Wii!), so I'm absolutely going to take down this information.Thanks again for all of your interest, but just be a little more patient and wait the six days to play through this behemoth of a game yourself. It's well worth the wait.A full review (sans major plot twists) will be up within the next couple of days, as I plan to have the game beaten tonight. Keep an eye out.

Comments

Zant 11 years, 11 months ago

Wow... back on-line? GREAT!

But what about others news? Anything new? Nothing?

Come on! the last 3 hours have been so poor... now... we all... want.... MORE!!!!

earinfection 11 years, 11 months ago

alright man ill wait , i have no choice anyway, but can u just say how good this game is, in like one word, or a number on 10, no description required

Dan Ryckert 11 years, 11 months ago

You'll just have to check back for the review.

Don't worry, however. You won't be disappointed.

Chino_Raven_Star 11 years, 11 months ago

Hey Dan.

when you get the last Twilight mirror.

what is up with those two weird ass clown dudes. What's the best weapons you've got so far. since there will be downloadable conten for TP, got any idea what it may be

Crazyfreak 11 years, 11 months ago

Okay first off what's all with this Zelda/Ilia/Midna stuff?

First off How can Ilia be Zelda? When we already saw Zelda stuck in the Twilight realm, and Ilia and Zelda totally look different from eachother? And how can Zelda help Midna and then suddendly dissapear?

earinfection 11 years, 11 months ago

what didnt u like about the city in the sky, and does this city have people in it or a new race??

majora 11 years, 11 months ago

Keep up the good work! i dun care people are flamming u for giving out spoilers or not, i am always behind u, pls beat the game and let us know every details.

linkz 11 years, 11 months ago

cool i think ganondorf was seald in the realm in (oot)version

then he wasz in prison there end broke free now like we read in his update

Chino_Raven_Star 11 years, 11 months ago

Hey there is talk going around that Tp is 2 players...

Infinite 11 years, 11 months ago

1.) Does this game have any refrence to Ocarina of Time?

2.) Is Ganon in the game, using the Triforce of Power to gain his pig form.

3.) Does this game have anything contributing to OoT Link *My personal favorite, with most memories, the Legendary, Hero of Time.

4.) Did you get any items besides the spinner?

earinfection 11 years, 11 months ago

when u say review r u refering to after the embargo is lifted tho or like b4

lvl12 11 years, 11 months ago

i understand why u stoppedd

but can you at least tell us when you beat it ok

GanonX2 11 years, 11 months ago

Can you use the spinner when ever you like? Is it faster then Epona?

linkz 11 years, 11 months ago

nah i dont think so but there wil be a downloads avaible like more lvl

earinfection 11 years, 11 months ago

so does this mean that we wont see any more pics and info till the review??

unl337 11 years, 11 months ago

Could you ask your Nintendo rep what the requierements are to get a Nintendo Rep for game reviews and stuff? I have a site and I review everything when I get ahold of it. We have quite a few readers. :)

Dan Ryckert 11 years, 11 months ago

earinfection, even the review is going to avoid revealing major plot points. Just wait until the game comes out. Trust me.

dojo 11 years, 11 months ago

Thank You, for going without sleep for this... found videos to back up your quest www.deadpixels.us

This game looks and sounds amazing hope you will not take anything away from your score dude to the fact it has Gamecube Graphics and not PS3.

It sounds too amazing to let that be an issue

thanks again, and hope Nintendo will not ask to take this down

Dan Ryckert 11 years, 11 months ago

No, the twilight doesn't completely disappear. There is still a diamond of it over Hyrule Castle, and the Twilight creatures still pop down from the sky whenever you get to a new warp point.

Midna can only exist in Twilight at the start, but can exist in the light after the interaction with Zelda.

Oh, and Dojo....don't worry. It's certainly going to receive a very high score here on Lawrence.com. At the rate I'm going, I might be able to get a review up by Wednesday or Thursday.

Zant 11 years, 11 months ago

Oh, please, one more to ask about... VERY IMPORTANT TO ME!

Somewhere around the net I read that there will be NO DAY-NIGHT CYLING during the game...

... but somewhere else I saw some footage (was it deadpikel as it stand above here???) of Link riding epona and firing arrows on a bridge BY NIGHT!!!

What can you tell me about it? Is there day-night cycling? And seasons, what about seasons?

Thank you so much... you're amazing!!!

lsughtrey 11 years, 11 months ago

Well, anyway...

Temple of light pictures? More Ganondorf pictures? We all love you for this, it makes the wait for the impatient a little more bearable.

You should consider a composite capture card for videos and better quality pics if you're doing the journalist thing, they only cost around 50-100 dollars.

opaages4life 11 years, 11 months ago

what ever happened to that cool sword move link does when he resheathes the sword. the one where he waves it around in front of him. i think its found on the early trailers of the game. can you do that, or is it automatic.

and is the different weather, day/night cycles there, like the early trailers had.

Dan Ryckert 11 years, 11 months ago

There is certainly a day-night cycle, as I just now waited for the night to get a key item from a pack of nocturnal skeleton beasts. Nothing really about seasons, however.

Zant 11 years, 11 months ago

... just want to make a note... whan seen on Explorer, pictures hide some part of the written text...

I know you're having a great time playing the game, but it would be nice to solve that little problem!!!

BTW, just one question: can you post a picture of the dark links or you haven't had enough time to take it? You know, nothing bad but... I can hardly believe it! :)

Can't wait to play it...

Dan Ryckert 11 years, 11 months ago

Sorry about the IE problem, I'm not really sure how to get that fixed. I'll talk to my editor about it tomorrow.

No pics of Dark Link yet, but I'll be sure to snag one when I see them next.

"Rewards" for first four dungeons was the removal of Twilight from the area. You have to free four light gods.

I'm at the very end of the Temple of Time now. I just have to get the big key and fight the boss. Updates after that.

lvl12 11 years, 11 months ago

awesome, do u think u could get pics of zoras, you rock thanx.

zelda_goddess 11 years, 11 months ago

Having problems reading your entire post. Some of the words are covered up by the pictures. Is there any way to fix this??? Thanks!!!

Ice_Inferno_X3 11 years, 11 months ago

Got a couple of quick easy questions.

1. Is the game harder than other 3D Zeldas?

2. How are the controls?

3. Is it really the greatest Zelda to date from what you played?

Thanks

linkisgangsta565 11 years, 11 months ago

thanks

IceInferno, here's your answers:

1. About on par with Ocarina
  2. Controls are perfect. The Wiimote really adds a lot to it.
  3. I'm still not near done with it, but it definitely might be.

Dan Ryckert 11 years, 11 months ago

"um..can the zora armour be taken off and used again like in oot? or is it a one time thing only?.....oh and can you switch beteween swords and shields also?"

You can change between tunics/swords/shields whenever you like.

wiifreak 11 years, 11 months ago

Does playing in wolf form get repetitive in anyway?

mike9k 11 years, 11 months ago

Are the zoras in the game friendly or are they unfriendly like some of the gorons? And have you met any gerudos yet?

Dan Ryckert 11 years, 11 months ago

Wiifreak, the wolf doesn't get very repetitive, but it is more limited since it can't use weapons. Once you can switch between the wolf and Link at will, it's great.

mike9k, the Zoras have all been friendly. No Gerudos yet.

unl337 11 years, 11 months ago

Do you think there is any way you could get a live feed/webcam up? Even some video of these later parts would be appriciated.

Also, what camera are you using? That's some bad quality there. (not bashing or anything, just remarking on the quality).

Dan Ryckert 11 years, 11 months ago

Yeah, I know the pics are blurry, but I don't have it hooked up to any screencap device. Just a plain ol' 3 megapixel camera pointed at my TV.

There's no official screenshots or anything from the second dungeon on, so this is all I can offer right now.

wiifreak 11 years, 11 months ago

How does the music stand up to OoT's? Thanks.

imborden 11 years, 11 months ago

Are there any indications of more tunic, shield, or sword upgrades?

Dan Ryckert 11 years, 11 months ago

imborden, there is a blank slot next to the tunics on the equipment screen, so I'd imagine there will be another. There are no slots next to the sword or shield, but that certainly doesn't mean there won't be new ones.

unl337 11 years, 11 months ago

Thanks for answering my question. I have another though.

How many sidequests have you encountered? Are there more than Majora's Mask?

Dan Ryckert 11 years, 11 months ago

unl337, I haven't seen too many sidequest options. There are lots of fun little things between dungeons, however (canoeing, controlling a huge dragon-like creature, "snowboarding", fishing, etc.

wiifreak 11 years, 11 months ago

what's ur favorite part of the game so far?

Dan Ryckert 11 years, 11 months ago

wiifreak, the horseback boar battle in the rain was excellent (and it's fairly early on). However, the "Shadow Link" cutscene was amazing, as was the boss fight in Arbiter's Grounds.

Larion8393 11 years, 11 months ago

so, you think the twilight mirror is the 5th 6th and 7th, right? any idea what the 8th may be? And you DO have the mastersword, right? if so, how did you get it? is the Zora Armor pink on the head part, or is it justthe picture?

hey, the combat looks sorta easy too. seems like enemies jsut circle around you and you hit them? please describe the combat as beat as you want to. and how long is each dungeon on average? what are the main areas of the game? ie. hyrule field, Ordon area? yeah

sorry about all the questions, but... yeah! also, there is writing BEHIND the pictures in the blog, but you cant see it, what is it?

unl337 11 years, 11 months ago

Damn, thanks for answering these questions for us. :) I can't wait. If I think of another question, I'll let you know.

Larion8393 11 years, 11 months ago

hey, i could give you questions to ask him, lol! i have so many, i just don't want to swamp him though, seeing as he has no reason to tell us all this, right? he's just being nice, lol

Dan Ryckert 11 years, 11 months ago

Larion, I do believe the Twilight Mirror fragments are the next three dungeons. I'm just having a hell of a hard time with Snowpeak Ruins right now.

Yes, I do have the Master Sword.

No, the Zora headdress is not pink.

Not sure why the text is appearing behind pictures. It looks fine in Firefox. I'm trying to get a hold of my editor to get that fixed up, so hopefully it'll be fixed in time.

earinfection 11 years, 11 months ago

couple of questions, please answer what u can. -is there any parts that are tedious -did u say that twilight king could be hero of time??why? -could u name some geographic areas ex.woods, death mountain, desert...etc..thnx alot bro

Larion8393 11 years, 11 months ago

Ah, cool dude! What about the combat? It looks sorta easy. Seems to me like the enemies just circle around you and you hit them? Please describe the combat as beat as you want to. And how long is each dungeon on average? Thanks so much!

wiifreak 11 years, 11 months ago

How is the story?Does it feel epic or underwhelming? Thanks for taking the time of answering our questions while you could be playing the best game ever or at least on of the best.

lvl12 11 years, 11 months ago

whats so hard about the snowpeak ruins?

hardest non-boss enemy so far?

Dan Ryckert 11 years, 11 months ago

Geographic areas: Desert, Death Mountain, huge field, castle, "heavens" (not there yet), forest, etc.

Tedious: No.

Story: Best out of any Zelda game

Snowpeak Ruins: Really hard because it's tough as hell to find out what to do/where to go

Twilight King: Not sure if he's the "hero of Time," but that Shadow Link cutscene was verrry intriguing.

Larion8393 11 years, 11 months ago

very very nice stuff. thanks again, too! well, i'm off to bed. good luck with Snowpeak dude!

Mr_Macphisto 11 years, 11 months ago

I guess I'll ask some questions now since I finally got signed up. Hope you are enjoying the game!

1.) Is Ganondorf's character model (from what you remember) more like Wind Waker's or Ocarina of Time's?

2.) Are the horse riding/combat controls giving you any trouble?

3.) Is the Wiimote speaker making lots of noises? Does it add, detract, or do nothing to the game?

earinfection 11 years, 11 months ago

u must be a super nice guy to answer q's every ten minutes. wow.(not a suck up lol) -are the enemies more original and varied? -wats this about poes? -any hints for shadow temple type dungeon? thnx

Chino_Raven_Star 11 years, 11 months ago

I've got some questions.

• Is there any chatacters from OoT in it and who are they.
  • is there any characters from MM in it and who are they.
  • Do you know if the tribe that Midna and TK belong to is the same one that is talked about in MM
  • IF OoT Link is in it.....does he say if he found Navi or not.
  • what is the Dragon riding like
  • is there anything that points that Majora's Mask is in it(or Majora's soul or something like that)

TG25 11 years, 11 months ago

thats sum gud ass info u gave us :) i got a few qs - wuts tha zora armor thing used 4? -wen do u get tha master sword - and on 1-10 wat wud u rate tha game so far?

More answers:

Ganondorf's character model: Like a more menacing version of the OoT one. Looks younger than the Wind Waker version.

Horse controls: Excellent

Wiimote speaker: Actually does make a lot of sounds. Unsheathing the sword/slashing/fishing rod/clawshot/Midna's giggle/etc are all through it.

Number of enemies: Way more than OoT, they're very varied too.

Poes: Similar to OoT. You can see their lantern when in standard form, and can see their full body (and attack them) when you sense them in wolf form.

OoT/MM characters: I've seen the mailman, that's about it

Midna/TK clan: Not sure

Dragon riding: Not that long of a sequence. You just aim your dragon thing with the Wiimote and avoid enemies. You can also attack by dashing.

Nothing about Majora's Mask being in it.

Zora Armor: For breathing underwater

Master Sword: You get it after a big puzzle with two statues. It's after you free the light gods.

Score: wait for the full review

imborden 11 years, 11 months ago

What does the first new sword move look like?

Mr_Macphisto 11 years, 11 months ago

Awesome!

1.) Is there a set instrument you use for any songs? Or is it just the 2 types of grass and wolf howling we have seen?

2.) Is there any type of romantic interest between Link/Ilia or Link/Zelda?

unl337 11 years, 11 months ago

Are there any things like the Skulltulas in OOT? And could you get a picture of Kakario Village (or whatever is like the Kakario Village of this game)?

Dan Ryckert 11 years, 11 months ago

Here are the sword moves I have learned:

• one that allows you to spin behind the enemy and attack
  • the "Helm Splitter" that lets you jump over an enemy's head and slash them
  • the Mortal Draw that I talked about in the article
  • the Jump Strike that I talked about in the article
  • a shield parry that is performed by thrusting the nunchuk forward

Dan Ryckert 11 years, 11 months ago

No set instrument. Just the howling and the grass whistles.

No real romance story at all, and I've only seen Zelda in two cutscenes thus far (unless Ilia is Zelda).

No Skulltulas, but there are golden bugs and Poes that you can collect

yonyue 11 years, 11 months ago

Hi, thanks for all the info!

Question: What exactly transpires and is said between Zelda and Midna in their first cutscene together?

unl337 11 years, 11 months ago

Is there any penalty (can you even DO this) if you turn into a wolf while others are watching?

Dan Ryckert 11 years, 11 months ago

You can't turn from wolf to person when there are normal people are within eyesight. You kind of have to run into an alley or somewhere unseen.

earinfection 11 years, 11 months ago

this game sounds incredible have u faught any iron knuckles, and how much of the map is still uncovered??

Dan Ryckert 11 years, 11 months ago

Not sure if they were official Iron Knuckles, but I have encountered some heavily armored foes.

There is also an armored skeleton warrior that teaches you new sword moves.

It looks like most of the map is uncovered, but there is still a grove area and "the heavens" that I have yet to see.

yonyue 11 years, 11 months ago

"

Posted by Ryckert (Dan Ryckert) on November 13, 2006 at 12:39 a.m. (Suggest removal)

That sounds really cool! However, that seems more in line with the second cutscene; i was more curious with what is said between the two of them when Midna first introduces Link to Zelda. Is that teh cutscene from which we see clips in the most recent trailer?

Thanks so much.

unl337 11 years, 11 months ago

If you transform in an alley and then go back into eyesight as a wolf, wouldn't people panic because of the fact that there is a wolf in their city?

Another question, does it show a transformation or is it a quick thing like in Majora's Mask?

earinfection 11 years, 11 months ago

does fill in some plot for previous zleda games, ex. oot and mm, since this comes after?

pro_gamer666 11 years, 11 months ago

Is there a magic meter?

Can you please post a picture of the equipment screen(swords/shields/tunics)?

No magic meter yet.

And yeah, people in Castle Town freak out if you run by them as a wolf.

Dan Ryckert 11 years, 11 months ago

imborden, yes, that is the guy that teaches you sword techniques.

No real story connection to OoT or MM that I can see.

earinfection 11 years, 11 months ago

what about kokiris and dekus, any sign of them

yonyue 11 years, 11 months ago

" Midna is sick, and Zelda reaches out and touches him/her/it. Midna heals, and Zelda disappears. "

Thanks so much.

yonyue 11 years, 11 months ago

ack double post, sorry. didn't mean to hit post again.

earinfection 11 years, 11 months ago

how about the gerudos, where they in the desert part, were they sexy lol

GanonX2 11 years, 11 months ago

What were the rewards for the first 4 dungeons. Like in OoT you got the 3 stones, and medallions.

And can you post a picture of the equipment screen?

Thanks! =)

Zant 11 years, 11 months ago

oh, one more thing... cause, you know, I'm really confused about it...

after you've restored the 4 spirits of light, the twilight disappears COMPLETELY? If so, what happens to Midna?

I really like Midna a lot, but I understood she can only live in twilight realm... so, after those firts 4 temples, she's gone? no more midna???

So - one last statement - you act just like "normal" link after that?

Thanx for any answer on that. You guys ROCK!!!

Flyguy 11 years, 11 months ago

Just out of curiosity, have you been to any 'minor' dungeons yet? As in - they have a map/boss/item or somesuch but aren't part of the main dungeon quest? (Bottom of the Well and Ikana Castle are good examples of what I mean) I ask because a preview I read said that they exist, but I haven't really heard a peep about them.

If you answer this, thanks. thumbs up

ByrdX 11 years, 11 months ago

Can you please answer me if there are any sidequests that you know of to obtain a sword stronger then the master sword? For example, ocarina of time had the biggorron sword, after the long trading sequence. Majora's Mask had the great fairy sword after collecting all of the stray faries at the stone tower temple. Anything like that in TP? Or is the master sword the last sword you get?

W1lle 11 years, 11 months ago

**SPOILERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!********

I heard that you cleared the game Ryckert? If you did tell me how was the final boss? Was it awesome? And do you get to fight Twilight King and three shadow Links? Please answer this!

Spoilers end*******

majora 11 years, 11 months ago

can u tell us just something bout shadow links? where did they come from.. hiazzz

rafalink 11 years, 11 months ago

hi!i am brazilian and i will need whait more for the wii T_T i have questions abou twilight princess!^^ :

1-first,can you add me in your MSN messenger to talk better?my msn is : rafa_nintendo_master@hotmail.com

2-and who is exactly the Twilight king?

3-and Ganondorf?you have screenshots of it?

4-this game is better of Ocarina of Time?

5-give to me a note for the game of 0 to 10

thanks and congratulations to already have it!!^^

Bibop 11 years, 11 months ago

hi I`m from germany and I must wait until the 8. December for Zelda TP but what I wanted to say is can you choose between First Sword and master sword or is after you get the master sword only the master sword aviable??

sorry for bad english

lvl12 11 years, 11 months ago

^^^first of all he is not giving out that information anymore because he wants to get the next zelda early too, second of all he has already answered all of those questions.

in short, be a good boy and wait 4 more days like the rest of us : )