R.I.P.

Sigh. I am so very sad right now. My dream job, the one I've wanted since I was about 9, is now extinct, along with the only reason not to use the self-checkout at the grocery store.That's right, The Weekly World News is dead, which means I can't write for them.Dammit.

Comments

Keith 14 years, 11 months ago

In the immortal words of Ed Anger:

"I'm madder than a computer nerd with a busted mouse".

lazz 14 years, 11 months ago

I gotta say, though, the WWN died in spirit a few years ago. I used to subscribe to "the world's only reliable newspaper," but they underwent a dramatic change a couple of years ago -- the stories got immensely weirder without being wackier. Definitely not funnier.The cheeky irony was gone, replaced with unfunny gross-out stuff. Even Bat Boy became tiresome, as impossible as that is to believe... anyway, Misty, your dream lives: the online site will continue to publish. and let us never forget this photo:

lazz 14 years, 11 months ago

One of the news reports I read this morning referred to the WWN as "the paper of record for the deranged."

perfect.

OtherJoel 14 years, 11 months ago

That Post picture is going to be my new desktop. I also like the headlines, particularly #3: "Tiny Terrorists Disguised As Garden Gnomes".

RIP indeed.

Terry Bush 14 years, 11 months ago

While I will not admit to ever reading these types of things, let alone buying one, part of me remembers the theory state4d in MEN IN BLACK that they are the only source of true news....Of course, that was a movie based upon the "aliens are among us" premise. Sigh. Just goes to show, there's a lid for every pot.

OtherJoel 14 years, 11 months ago

The WWN was also the inspiration for the only funny Mike Myers movie ever, "So I Married An Axe Murder."